In 2015, the Teaching Workshop on the University of Melbourne’s Southbank campus was refurbished and reimagined as a cutting-edge research facility where manufacturing outcomes are unlimited.
The workshop now accommodates specific process spaces, including a central construction area, a welding and foundry room, a wet mould room, and a wood machining shop including a special sanding room.
The Teaching Workshop features state-of-the-art facilities for students to create and collaborate, and is designed to safely accomodate a range of low, medium and high-risk activities within a strict Occupational Health and Safety framework.
FEEDBACK AND CONSULTATION
To discuss the project, ask questions or give feedback please contact our project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FJMT – Louise Goodman
- Shared workspace to be enjoyed by all staff
- Two-storey glass curtain wall
- Copper-plated elevator
- To create a meaningful connection from the city into the art’s precinct
- Brings together many of the new and existing elements, in a shared space, to be enjoyed by all of the staff
- Construction commenced June 2013
- Completion 2015
- University of Melbourne