As a Student of the Faculty of the VCA & MCM you have access to an array of rooms and facilities, these include practice rooms for rehearsals, art studios, print workshops and digital studios.
Campus Opening Hours
Southbank and Parkville campus are open as follows:
- Monday to Saturday 7:00am – 11:30pm
- Sunday 9:00am - 9:00pm
How to Book?
All booking requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following details must be provided with each booking request:
- Student ID
- Contact phone number
- Room (it is advisable that you include more than one preference)
- Activity (e.g. rehearsal)
- Time/s (start and finish)
- Number of people in attendance: (For example, students, staff, accompanists or actors)
- Discipline (e.g. music, performing arts, art)
All booking requests must be sent via a University of Melbourne email account, requests sent by students from non-university accounts will not be processed.
To ensure your booking is processed please submit booking requests by the below deadlines:
Monday to Friday: 10am one business day prior to the day of the booking
(e.g. the deadline for a Monday booking is 10am the previous Friday)
Saturday and Sunday: 10am the Thursday prior to the weekend.
Bookings received after these deadlines are unable to be processed.
Cancellations, Late Arrivals and Early finishes
Your booking will be cancelled if you arrive later than 30 minutes without notification. If your booking is at the Southbank Campus; please call Security on 9035 9311 if you are running late or leaving early. It is very important that spaces are not left unattended.
Booking cancellations more than one day in advance can be made via email to: email@example.com.
Once processed, a confirmation email will be forwarded to the email account that made the request. Please have this confirmation and your staff/student card with you when using rooms.
It is your responsibility to check emails for confirmation details. Any changes to bookings will be communicated via email.
Once the booking is confirmed you must abide by the Booking Terms and Conditions.
Bookings lessons for people external to the Faculty of the VCA & MCM is strictly prohibited.
Each School has specific requirements for their individual spaces, please take careful note of instructions stipulated in the student guides and any visible signage in the spaces.
Misuse of any space may result in booking privileges being restricted. Misuse is considered but not limited to any of the following:
- Failing to cancel a booking.
- Failure to disclose the nature of activity resulting in disruption to classes or damage to property
- Leaving a space in an untidy state, failing to pack away equipment/instruments
- Booking a space for private non curricular activities